Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Dice

As any self respecting player knows, some dice are just bad. It is not superstition, it is not myth, it is fact. Last year, at Adepticon, I officially retired my dice from competitive play. Now, I am the first to admit when I played a poor game or made a critical mistake, and am not one to blame dice rolls on the outcome of a game... usually. Sometimes, however, a bad batch of dice is just, well, bad! Such were these, that I faithfully used for the better part of 3 years, hoping they would get better. Well, like I said, at Adepticon 2009, I had finally had enough of my plain blue dice, and I have not used them in competitive play since (they are rather good practice dice, because if I can win a game with then I know I have done a particularly good job). Well, I went back to some very old dice (black and red from my blood angel days) for the summers 'Ard Boyz tournament, and they performed fairly average, as one would statistically expect. I was fairly pleased with them (they got me to the Semi-Finals), but they do not fit in at all with the Blue and Bone color of my army. So, without further ado, I am pleased to present my new dice (oh yeah, they are fully customized, and match my vehicles quite well!), which I just ordered today, and which will be broken out for the first time at Adepticon 2010. Hopefully they will perform admirably.





No comments:

Post a Comment